My Delhi Sunderland

Last night the boys slept at their grandparents so that meant only one thing - date night ๐Ÿ˜ Anybody with kids who are fussy eaters will know that this is the time that you go out and explore new restaurants and nice food ๐Ÿ˜‹ 

My husband wanted to try My Delhi Sunderland as he drives past it on his bus when he’s at work and it smells amazing ๐Ÿ‘ƒ 

We decided to get the bus there as we get free travel and wanted a little drink ๐Ÿบ There are lots of public transport options with this restaurant being located in the city centre ๐ŸšŒ 

Our bus stopped diagonally opposite the restaurant and as soon as we stepped off the bus the smells just hit us in the face ๐Ÿ‘ƒ The place was busy and we hadn’t made a reservation (would definitely recommend booking) but they managed to fit us in ๐Ÿ“– 

The decor is clean and modern with the feeling like you are in India ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ณ They play Indian music, even in the toilet ๐Ÿšป 

My husband chose a pint of Birra Moretti and I went for the Peacock Indian fruit cider, which was mango and lime flavour. I was a bit apprehensive as I’m normally a Strongbow Darkfruits kind of girl but it was delicious ๐Ÿบ 


As part of the Sunderland Restaurant Week menu you could either choose option A which was 3 street plates or option B which was 1 street plate, roadside curry and dum pulao rice, both of which were £15pp. We chose option B.

My husband had Delhi chicken tikka and Punjabi Dhabi chicken. I had Amritsari fish and butter chicken. We shared chips and garlic naan bread. All of the food is served together in their individual serving dishes (the starters come out a fraction earlier than the mains to allow them to carry everything) and you get a plate each to put everything on.

The food was absolutely amazing. The best Indian food I have ever eaten. The service was very quick and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful.

I honestly couldn’t recommend this place highly enough and I can’t wait to come back and pay full price as it’s worth every penny. There is an optional 10% service charge added to the bill which is distributed between the restaurant staff. You can have this removed if you wish but I wouldn’t have dreamed of it after that service.

If travelling by car then the nearest parking would be Frederick Street, charges apply ๐Ÿš˜ 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tino’s Italian Restaurant

Inflatanation Newcastle

The Clifton Cafe